[OM] Re: This Resolution Business

Subject: [OM] Re: This Resolution Business
From: "Bob Whitmire" <bwhitmire@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2005 14:31:19 -0400
Well, here's another interesting wrinkle. I read Walt's post about
converting Olympus RAW files to tiff in Viewer. He gets 314 dpi. I convert
those .ORF files (Olympus RAW) in Adobe Photoshop Elements 3.0, and I get
240 dpi. But, if I go to Olympus Studio and convert the exact same .ORF
file, I get 300 dpi.

I have no idea as to the magazine editor's depth of sophistication in re
resolution, whether she knows this stuff, or is just repeating what the art
department tells her. I'll try to find out, but I guess the smart thing to
do is give her what she asks for, so that when her software displays
resolution, it will show 300 dpi.

--Bob