[OM] Re: Some guys never learn

Subject: [OM] Re: Some guys never learn
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2005 20:18:51 +1000
Damn it I was guessing OK - what the hell is a pound anywho - one
over four point two equals something or other. And nameless herbal
friends of mine claim that you can cut an easy twenty-five grams out
of an ounce.
Went and checked the pantry and while there are some 350's and 400's
there are also 415's, 420's 530's and other peculiar numbers. And ALL
timber lengths here are 1.8 (not 1803 OK), 2.1, 2.4 usw. Definitely
an imperial hangover.
AndrewF
(there goes another pet theory, victim of mathematical pedantry,
bugger it).