[OM] semi- [OT] Backing up your files (and OM images)

Subject: [OM] semi- [OT] Backing up your files (and OM images)
From: "Tom Scales" <tscales@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2005 07:02:53 -0400
As all of us do, I have an issue of backing up my important files.  I found
a little routing that works with your Gmail account and turns the free Gmail
2GB into a folder on your system.  In other words, you can cut/paste/backup
your system into Gmail.

It is for XP only, but a google search will find a Linux variation.

Once you have a Gmail account, you install this program and a new
folder/drive appears in My Computer.  You can copy to/from etc. just like it
was on your machine.

Now, there are NO guarantees it will continue to work as Google may shut it
down. If they do, your files will likely disappear without warning.

It is very handy though, as you can access your files via any computer that
has a browser as they are stored as file attachments to emails.

One limitation: No files larger than 10Mb

Just thought folks might be interested.

http://www.viksoe.dk/code/gmail.htm

Tom