[OM] Re: New Base for OM Lenses

Subject: [OM] Re: New Base for OM Lenses
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2005 17:16:01 -0700

On Aug 23, 2005, at 11:34 AM, Andrew Dacey wrote:

> I noticed on dpreview's preview of the 5D there are some features that
> are actually better on the 20D.

I think the cost cutting was more to keep the price down. There may
be a lot of film users that will be enticed into digital with this
camera. So low cost is more important than all the features. Many
pros will want one as a second camera. Something they can sacrifice
in a bad environment if necessary or just not to constantly handle a
5 pound camera lens combination all the time, but still get the full
frame file. Cost is paramount there too.

Frankly if I were to buy a Canon I would be most tempted by the EOS
1D Mk IIn. 8MP on a bigger sensor and larger photo sites in a robust,
professional body that will really do any kind of photography.
Technologically and physically I think it would last a long time. At
least long enough to get to know how to use it.  :-)

Winsor