[OM] Re: New Base for OM Lenses

Subject: [OM] Re: New Base for OM Lenses
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2005 20:40:34 -0400

AG Schnozz wrote:

>> However, the fast focus, low light focus, high ISO
>>performance and high sync speed of the 20D are still a siren
>>song for me.  But I haven't committed either way so far.
>

> My problem is that I do recognize the 20D for what it is:  An
> excellent camera.  With an OM-EOS adaptor, I could be quite
> happy with the camera as a second body.

And my problem with the siren song is only likely to get worse.  I now
have a 20D available to me that can be borrowed most any time.  If the
truth be known the principle reason I haven't bought a 20D yet is I
don't like to hold it.  It doesn't feel right.  But the E-1 didn't
either although it was much better.  The only one that has met the
"feels right" criterion is the Minolta 7D but that camera is not exactly
a mount for OM lenses and is also troubled by slowish sync speed.

Perhaps familiarity will breed... well, familiarity.

Chuck Norcutt
http://www.chucknorcutt.com