[OM] Re: Is Olympus going bankrupt? Am I a creditor?

Subject: [OM] Re: Is Olympus going bankrupt? Am I a creditor?
From: John Hudson <OM4T@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2005 14:40:01 -0300
The one time we crossed from southern Oregon into northern California on
Highway 101 in the early 1990s we had to drive into a large wooden shed,
stop and declate our car's entire contents including personal effects,
clothing, candy bars, etc, etc..We had inspectors busying themselves in the
trunk, engine compartment, under the vehicle, and in the vehicle. What were
they looking for ......? Undeclared lunchtime food such as loose cherries
and oranges. They were paranoid about taking oranges into the state. Even
taking one or two in for lunch was considered to be a major concession. We
never bothered going back to the golden state. Oregonians were so much nicer
to deal with.

jh