[OM] Re: OT Cell-phones and driving on roads OT

Subject: [OM] Re: OT Cell-phones and driving on roads OT
From: hiwayman@xxxxxxx (Walt Wayman)
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2005 00:14:08 +0000
Okay, Earl:

Offends you why?

At the age of 11, in 1952, I had what we called back in the dark ages
"infantile paralysis," some three or four years before Dr. Salk came up with
the vaccine.  I wore braces for two years, then, like Forrest Gump, was too
damn dumb to know I was crippled and even managed to wrangle an athletic
scholarship (baseball), not to some podunk junior college, but to an NCAA
Division 1 school, the University of Tennessee.  I didn't play much, but what
the hell.

A few years after I graduated in 1962, I did 23 months in Vietnam as a
television news photographer, most of the time right up front with the grunts,
staring at Charley.  The second helicopter crash sent me home way more buggered
up than I was when I went over.

To make a long story short, like this one ought to be: Weston's 500-yard limit
became mine when it got to be more and more obvious that that's about as far as
I can haul my increasingly creaky old ass these days.  There's that post-polio
thing, you know, and it's beginning to make some of my days stay at home, sit
on my butt and aggravate people on line time.  At least my fingers still work,
which may not be appreciated by some, but my mouth is even harder to deal with
because it's faster than my fingers.  :-)

Sorry if I touched a nerve.

Walt, the gimp in denial

--
"Anything more than 500 yards from