[OM] Re: olympus Digest V2 #190

Subject: [OM] Re: olympus Digest V2 #190
From: ScottGee1 <scottgee1@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2005 04:21:54 -0400
I've mentioned this here before, but I've found it helps to custom WB
every single lighting situation possible.  I find that manual control
of color balance, like manual control of exposure, provides more
predictable results and I spend far less time having to make
'corrections' in PS.  Sure auto WB *may* be right on sometimes and in
the ballpark on others, but if you're striving for the best
consistency you can achieve, I think it's best to take control of the
entire process.

And I agree with Moose about cinematographers.  Their skill is
impressive and they get their results by metering not just exposure,
but also color temp and filtering accordingly.

Maybe it's the discipline that I learned in the old days, but I still
strive to get an image a right as possible in the camera.  Or maybe
I'm too lazy to want to fuss with PS too much . . . ;o)

hth/ScottGee1