[OM] Re: Metz 60 CT-[1,2,4] -- was: To flash or not to flash?

Subject: [OM] Re: Metz 60 CT-[1,2,4] -- was: To flash or not to flash?
From: "Andreas Pirner" <AndreasPirner@xxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2005 11:21:32 +0200
AG Schnozz complained:
> > Just think of what you *could* have done with a Metz 60
> > CT-[1,4] or Sunpak 622 Super Pro!
>
> Maybe when I'm a bit richer.  Can you buy em for $100?

Nearly. The eBay/Germany stats reveal:

item          sales  average std-deviation
              count    EURO    EURO
Metz 60 CT-1    58      88      38
Metz 60 CT-2    60     100      40
Metz 60 CT-4   151     195      51

Notes:

60 CT-1 ist not dedicated, high voltage trigger.

60 CT-2 is SCA 500 dedicated, Olympus OM OFT/TTL with
SCA 520/ SCA 521, high voltage trigger.

60 CT-4 is SCA 300 dedicated, Olympus OM OTF/TTL with
SCA 321, could be integrated in multi flash setup
through SCA 305 system. Low voltage trigger.

Since two Metz 45 CT-something have the same power
as one 60 CT, using multiple 45 CT units is an
alternative. 'Old' Metz 45 CT-1 average at a mere
33 EURO at eBay Germany. Equipped with an Metz
Mecamat 45-20 external sensor, they give a range
of apertures 2.8 up to 45(!) for auto exposures
or manual power settings from full down to
1/64.

Andreas