[OM] Re: Computer monitor settings for image viewing

Subject: [OM] Re: Computer monitor settings for image viewing
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2005 18:10:48 +0100
Brian

I can see the detail in the shadow area that Fernando has lightened
with his flash.  Your photos have vertical striations in the blue and
the colour could not really be described as rich.

I think that it would help you to calibrate your monitor.  In case it
helps, mine is set to Gamma 1.8 with D50 as the colour temperature
(5000 deg K).

Whatever you end up setting, you should perhaps consider giving
yourself a choice of temperatures, but sticking to one Gamma value.
If you use a festering Windoze machine (;-)) you will probably be set
to Gamma 2.2 already, so you need only choose your colour temperature
settings.  But use a calibrator like the Adobe one ...

Chris
~~ >-)-
C M I Barker
Cambridgeshire, Great Britain.