[OM] Re: Computer monitor settings for image viewing

Subject: [OM] Re: Computer monitor settings for image viewing
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2005 10:01:45 -0700
I did not know that about Photoshop adjusting the gamma so it
displays correctly. A couple of questions, Andrew.

You say, "If the image has an embedded profile then it will adjust..."

Do you have to do something to embed the profile? I just assumed it
was automatically done and an integral part of every image.

I use Safari and most images look good, but occasionally I have
opened an internet image in Photoshop to see whether it would look
better with a tweak and discovered that sometimes it does not need
the tweak as displayed by Photoshop. Sometimes it looks significantly
different. Does that have something to do with embedded or not embedded?

Winsor
Long Beach, California, USA