[OM] Re: [OT] Coming Out Of The Closet

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] Coming Out Of The Closet
From: Craig Cunningham <cunninghamster1954@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2005 20:36:59 -0700 (PDT)
Boris,

Congrats on your new camera purchase. I've been the
very happy owner of the Konica-Minolta A2 since last
autumn (which I bought based on Reichman's experiences
and AG's musings about how much he loves his A1).

These are great digital cameras! I know that the Oly
8080 has a slightly sharper lens, but having the
manual zoom ring, the incredible EVF on the A2, the
anti-shake, a 7x optical zoom, and such easy access to
all its functions has made using this digicam a
pleasure.

The EVolt is tempting me, but I'm waiting to see what
Olympus offers in rounds 3 & 4 of the digital SLR
wars. I'm hoping for some kind of image stabilization
or anti-shake, and hopefully 8-10 MP with the better
viewfinder of the E-1.

The A2 suites me fine for now, and the more I've shot
digital, the more I've enjoyed going back to shooting
film with my OM-2N and OM-1N. What classics!! From
their handling to the incredible viewfinder with
interchangeable screens no less :-)

They'll never be retired unless film disappears (I'll
likely be long gone before 35mm slide & negative film
are).

 - Craig

http://mail.yahoo.com