[OM] Re: various musings...

Subject: [OM] Re: various musings...
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2005 07:30:32 -0700 (PDT)
C.H. Ling wrote:
> Don't know about how Bob made his shot but here is one at
> ISO800 and warm light (bad to noise) full size of 1.36MB JPEG.
> http://www.accura.com.hk/P2108869.jpg
> Really that bad at noise?

I find that the original file size holds very well, but resizing
seems to exasperate the high ISO noise.  Case in point would be
my Cubs game photos. Resized for the gallery (25% size
reduction), makes the images look pretty noisy.  However in
print they appear pretty fine, indeed.

In reality, I'm getting unprocessed ISO 1600 shots blown up to
8x10 that look pretty much like print film ISO 400, but with
greater resolution.  Throw a little Noiseware at the file and
noise is a non-issue in print.

Could I stand cleaner performance?  Of course.

AG

Discover Yahoo!