[OM] Re: DAMN YOU MOOSE!!! :-) Re: E-1 questions

Subject: [OM] Re: DAMN YOU MOOSE!!! :-) Re: E-1 questions
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 04 Jun 2005 22:48:56 -0700
Bolty wrote:

>Moose!
>
>I was trying to tell myself that I didnt need to upgrade to a 20D from my
>300D.

Hi Bolty, nice to hear from you, too. :-)

Easy there! I was answering a question about a first DSLR choice in
which the E-1, 7D and 20D were the ones being considered. I don't feel
any burning personal need for a 20D. At the rate Can*n is moving, I'll
probably be ready to move on when the 30D is around, or maybe the 40D.
(Maybe by then a miracle will have occurred and Oly will be pedaling
something really competitive in the things that matter to me.) The 20D
has lots of goodies, but I frankly can't think of anything I've done
that could be done appreciably better by the 20D or anything I wanted to
do with the 300D that the 20D could do. Your needs are of course different.

>Heading off to the V8 SuperCars at QLD Raceway at end of July and was trying
>to tell myself that I dont need 5fps and can shoot a  burst of 23 shots!...
>Ohh and on 8.2 megapixels!... I DONT... I DONT!!!! :-)

A 30% increase in pixels isn't much when you consider that doubling the
resolution requires a 400% increase in pixels. Bursts aren't really my
thing. The other day, I shot 3 or 4 shots fairly quickly, nothing like a
burst, and was slightly surprised to see the little light blinking and
realize it was still writing them.

No motor races for me, thanks. Last one was the F1 in Montreal about 10
years ago. i only went then because my then girlfriend was involved in
motor racing and invited me. It was fine, and now I can say I've been to
one (and have the jacket), but I enjoyed the big Roy Lichenstein
exhibition better. Those folks in Montreal and Quebec City must have
really serious winters; they sure go crazy keeping busy enjoying the summer.

You can blame whatever you do on some Mad Moose across the seas, though,
if you want to. {;^o

Moose