[OM] Re: E-1 and wide angle lenses

Subject: [OM] Re: E-1 and wide angle lenses
From: Bernard Frangoulis <lists@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 17 May 2005 11:31:50 +0200
>  >The new Olympus 7-14mm is too expensive and too big, and the 11-22mm
>  >can barely be considered a wide-angle lens.
>  >
>22-44 isn't wide angle? Lots of people consider 24 and shorter to be
>super wide.

Yes, my phrasing was a wee bit extreme... I would like to have
something equivalent to a 21 or 24mm. The 11mm end of the 11-22mm
reaches that focal length. But the 14-54mm lens already reaches a
28mm-equivalent focal length at its "wide end", so there is
considerable overlap with the 11-22mm. I would much prefer a fixed
focal lenth 10, 11 or 12mm. But yes, as iwert points out, I should
try out the 11-22mm, which is of course much less expansive than the
7-14mm.

>I think the 7-14 is an amazing accomplishment and 4/3 is
>lucky to have it. Does that make the price seem a little better?

I agree that the price is probably justified. I just can't afford it,
at least now , having just purchased the E-1 kit ;-)

Bernard