[OM] Re: OT - Sanity check for a Great Britain phone no. AVOID

Subject: [OM] Re: OT - Sanity check for a Great Britain phone no. AVOID
From: jking@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 17 May 2005 17:58:15 +0100 (BST)

> The realtor I take photos for, has a prospective customer who is trying to
> rent a house in California without having seen it. He provided a cell
> phone
> no. +447040104xxx (x's blank last 3 digits). Does this phone no.
> correspond
> to a extra toll number such as the dial a porn businesses use?
>
> The prospective client says he is moving from Great Britain and uses a
> yahoo.com.au email account. I've probably been in Californian too long,
> you
> know, but the gentleman's English is like way too formal, much like the
> Nigerian scam email ... and he claims to be a doctor.

the uk numbers drop the leading 0 from abroad so the number would be
070401 etc this seems to be a one tel premium rate number here is the
entry from their website....

Destination Per Minute Charge Per Call Charge
Off Peak Peak Weekend Off Peak Peak Weekend

070401 50.00p 50.00p 50.00p

so thats EXPENSIVE! infact it is the most expensive 0704 number one tel have
AVOID!!!

James