[OM] Re: E-1 and wide angle lenses

Subject: [OM] Re: E-1 and wide angle lenses
From: Bernard Frangoulis <lists@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 17 May 2005 19:01:15 +0200
>  >the 11-22mm can barely be considered a wide-angle lens.
>
>??? I always considered my 21, 24, and 28mm Zuikos wide, and the
>various 35-70s certainly refer to their wide end as a wide angle. I
>think Olympus referred to the 21mm as a super-wide angle. Its
>hard for me to imagine a lens that's the equivalent of 22-44 mm not
>being a solid contender for the wide zoom category.

My words in this matter appear not to have been very wise...

What I meant was that, since I already have the 14-54mm (equivalent
to a 28mm at its "wide "end), I felt that the 11-22mm overlapped with
it for most of its focal lengths: it only adds to this the 11 to 13mm
focal lengths.

BUT... BUT... this means 22 to 26mm, i.e. it could replace both my
beloved 21 and 24mm.
My God... I will start saving NOW.

B.