[OM] Re: E-1 and wide angle lenses

Subject: [OM] Re: E-1 and wide angle lenses
From: Daniel Mitchell <danmitchell@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 17 May 2005 12:53:09 -0600
> I've always considered having wide lenses more beneficial than having long
>lenses, though it's best to have lots of both.  (My collection goes from 17mm
>to 1250mm.)  You can many times, with just a little effort, get closer to a
>subject, or you can always crop.  But when your back's against a wall and you
>can't get any further away, if your widest wide ain't wide enough, you're
>screwed.

 That's exactly my reasoning as well -- though I think it depends on what
you're taking photos of. For interiors or shots of buildings in cities, wide is
better -- but I've also taken some landscapes with a wide-angle lens that wind
up making what looks magnificant in person just look really _small_ in the
resulting photo..

 -- dan