[OM] Re: What is wrong here? [was My personal Film vs. Digital tests -

Subject: [OM] Re: What is wrong here? [was My personal Film vs. Digital tests - II]
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 17 May 2005 02:21:30 -0700
R. Jackson wrote:

>Ah, gotcha. Thanks for the backstory. April and I couldn't think of
>anything that had ever happened there that could be considered
>"controversial," really. There are occasionally violent goings-on at
>some of the coastal beaches, but almost never anything there. I
>should have considered the scope of that development, though I didn't
>realize public outcry was so great. Considering how just about every
>square foot of Sonoma county is currently either under development or
>slated for re-zoning so it can be developed, it just never occurred
>to me. ;-)

Back then there were people who actually thought they could save the
rural character of much of the county and the openness of the coast. I
think the Sonoma Coast Beach was at least partially another result of
backlash from Sea Ranch, but I'm not sure. However it came to be, it is
just wonderful to have so much protected wild coast. Did you see there
has been a big new addition to it along the South bank of the Russian
River?

I remember when Rhonert Park was just a subdivision out in the fields
and Petaluma billed itself as the Chicken Capital, complete with giant
chicken statue..... Time to go take my Geritol now. :-)

Moose