[OM] Re: Photos for your critique

Subject: [OM] Re: Photos for your critique
From: Geilfuss Charles <Charles.Geilfuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 11 May 2005 11:38:16 -0500
Darin,
        Welcome to the List, and from the photos (SUV, guns, dead animals) I
can see you are going to fit in. ;^) Some others have mentioned some
technical items (film speed, tripod, etc.) so I won't repeat.
        For basic composition, the Rule of Thirds goes a long way to help.
Link below.

http://www.silverlight.co.uk/tutorials/compose_expose/thirds.html

        My rule of thumb for people photos is the closer the better.
Obviously there are times you want to include background or surroundings to
set the stage in a "people" photo. This is best accomplished with the one
piece of equipment you lack...a wide angle lens. 24, 28 or 35 take your
pick. All can be found at very reasonable prices.

Charlie