[OM] Re: Photos for your critique

Subject: [OM] Re: Photos for your critique
From: "John A. Lind" <jalind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 14 May 2005 12:47:33 -0500
At 11:35 AM 5/14/2005, Jeff Keller wrote:

>Talking about back yards ...
>
>After looking to see which one was being talked about, I hit the fwd & back
>buttons.
><http://www.betterphoto.com/gallery/big.asp?photoID=455564&style=&contestCat
>ID=&rowNumber=9&camID=&memberID=322&zulu=>
>
>I believe the elementary school years of my life were spent near the right
>side of this picture. I walked up the smaller hill towards the left just in
>front of the larger one numerous times. Your picture was taken from further
>north than I went so the view is different but the mountain sure looks
>familiar. Not surprising, the lights have climbed further up the hills when
>compared to 40+ years ago.

It's Mount Olympus.  If I have identified them correctly, some of the
lights are in a shopping center on the east side of Wasatch
Boulevard.  There's an elementary school near there . . . also on the east
side of Wasatch.

>I would love to get a picture of a big thunderstorm rolling in from the west
>over the desert valley towards the city below the mountains.

That would be a very interesting photograph . . . potential for spectacular.
Not certain I'd want to be on top of my sister's house with a big metal
tripod trying to shoot it though.  ;-)

>Thanks for posting the pictures.

Glad it brought back some memories!

-- John