[OM] Re: Photos for your critique

Subject: [OM] Re: Photos for your critique
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 14 May 2005 13:33:39 -0700
Chris Barker wrote:

>I agree, but what has caused the outlines around some of the flowers?

Looks like the result of sharpening. The twigs in the lovely "Thoughts
of Summer" TOPE photo also show sharpening artifacts, little halos of
lighter background beside/around each little twig and the right and
upper sides of the branches and the bench back.

As one who is always trying to walk the line between nice and sharp and
oversharpened, an all too often overdoes it, I recognize the signs.
Frustrating how what seems just right in PS can look overdone on the web
page.

In a possibly related note, I have recently changed the background on my
web pages from dark blue or dark neutral gray to black, having found
black to look good to me on other's sites. Now I notice that an image
that looks good "in black" can look a little washed out against the
lighter, tannish background of the TOPE site. Not a complaint, just an
observation. I just very slightly darken images for TOPE.

Moose