[OM] Re: Photos for your critique

Subject: [OM] Re: Photos for your critique
From: "Jeff Keller" <jeff-keller@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 11 May 2005 10:06:10 -0700
I would guess that your scanner might be really hurting the sharpness of
your pictures. I don't see anything that clearly says camera shake but
Joel's comment about using a tripod is good advice and he may have better
eyes than me.

Comparing 3 Sisters from Iron Mtn to Old Cabin Montana; the Old Cabin looks
much sharper even though the file size is a third that of the 3 sisters. You
should figure out what is causing the sharpness problem. Sharpness is very
important for landscape photos.

I like the depth of field in the Nootka Rose. That's something I find hard
to judge while taking the picture. I probably would have got lower to the
ground for the yellow Coral Fungus. That is pretty much a personal
preference but I am not especially fond of looking down at things.

Thanks for posting your photos.

-jeff