[OM] Re: Photos for your critique

Subject: [OM] Re: Photos for your critique
From: "Darin Rhein" <d.rhein@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 11 May 2005 13:59:35 -0700
Hi Jeff,

> Comparing 3 Sisters from Iron Mtn to Old Cabin Montana; the Old Cabin
> looks
> much sharper even though the file size is a third that of the 3 sisters.

If I remember correctly, when the 3 Sisters pic was taken we had some forest
fires burning that summer, which may have contributed to the haziness of
that photo.

>I probably would have got lower to the ground for the yellow Coral Fungus.
>That is pretty much a personal
> preference but I am not especially fond of looking down at things.

Yes, I agree totally. I think I need to start thinking of photograghy as a
form of hunting, I never seem to have a problem getting down in the dirt
when stalking an animal. Of course a flower can't exactly get up and run
away either.

Thnaks for your insight,
Darin