[OM] Re: Photos for your critique

Subject: [OM] Re: Photos for your critique
From: "Darin Rhein" <d.rhein@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 11 May 2005 06:02:08 -0700
Hello Joel,

> In general it looks like the scans are made from c-prints.  Am I correct?

At the risk of showing my ignorance, what are "c-prints"? At any rate, yes
they are scanned from prints, not film. I have been thinking about getting a
film scanner though.

> Get a tripod if you don't have one, get a good one (which usually means a
> little heavier than you think you might want to carry all over!), and use
> it.

I do have a tripod (although not the best), I just need to make myself use
it more often.

> Learn the Olympus technique of supporting the camera in your hands,
> even while on the tripod, and squeezing off shots.  That's especially
> important technique to get the best out of the OM-1.

When I do remember to bring the tripod along, I use an M. Remote cord
(forgot to mention I use a winder).

> Sorry if I've made any incorrect assumptions here about what you know or
> do.

No apology necessary, thanks for the advice.

Darin