[OM] Re: Jumping on the E-1 bandwagon (was: E-1 FS in New Zealand)

Subject: [OM] Re: Jumping on the E-1 bandwagon (was: E-1 FS in New Zealand)
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2005 09:29:32 EDT

In a message dated 4/17/2005 12:28:04 AM Central Standard Time,
agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx writes:

>  Would it give me more satisfaction than using my OM-1 and 4
>  cameras?
> - No.

I've had mine for a few weeks now, and it's  getting there.  I do
miss the IMAX theatre viewfinder,  though.

I've just spent my first afternoon shooting birds with a new EP-2 Eye cup
attached to my e-1 and am very pleased with its performance.  I should have
prefaced that statement by saying that, in general, I'm not an eye cup kind of
guy.  It doesn't make anything any bigger and it does help when looking
through the eye piece.  I was photographing large birds
(egrets/herons/spoonbills)
with a Tamron 400mm f4 and 1.4X attached. Worth the  $25 to me.

I made about 350 exposures which, if shot of Velvia, would have  cost be
close to $200.  Then if I wanted prints a bunch more if someone  else printed
them.  If printed myself, a bunch more time to scan.  I'm  ahead of the game
with
digital on this and every other similar shoot.  Yes,  I do like digital and
still have my OM gear . . . that is where the Tamron  400mm came from.  Oh, by
the way, I could use my digital film again today,  and tomorrow and . . .
It is a little like a buffet.  You pay one price and get all you can
capture.  Bill Barber