[OM] Re: Jumping on the E-1 bandwagon (was: E-1 FS in New Zealand)

Subject: [OM] Re: Jumping on the E-1 bandwagon (was: E-1 FS in New Zealand)
From: "Bob Whitmire" <bwhitmire@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2005 07:44:24 -0400
Okay, I'm a newbie here, but I can only sit by and read so much of this
stuff before I just have to jump in. (I was an editorial writer in a
previous life, and shooting from the lip is just, well, bred in the bone.)

Digital vs. film. What's the damned issue? I thought the object of the
exercise was the bleeping image. Whichever way gets you the image you're
after is just fine and dandy. Some days I shoot 4x5 and get downright zen in
my approach. Other days I shoot with my E-1 and get, well, downright zen in
my approach. It's possible for either of these approaches to be flinging
dynamite into the river, or long slow casting into quiet, shaded pools. It's
the _fisherman_ that's critical, not the pole. <ouch! sorry!>

--Bob