[OM] Re: Jumping on the E-1 bandwagon (was: E-1 FS in New Zealand)

Subject: [OM] Re: Jumping on the E-1 bandwagon (was: E-1 FS in New Zealand)
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2005 17:38:11 +1000
I suspect that it's a matter of changing the mindset - switching from
35mm to 4x5 involves a major shift in the first place. The 'endless
film - instant gratification' is a totally different approach and
requires a new mindset - it's probably the most important part of the
digital shift. It does not exclude the old, any more than 35mm
'miniatures' excluded larger formats but once you get the feel for it,
it is addictive. Then of course you remember that once size never fits
all and you do the film as well, sometimes with renewed enthusiasm and
respect.
AndrewF
Only a perfect idiot can ever be perfectly happy.
http://www.pbase.com/afildes