[OM] Re: Retailer praise

Subject: [OM] Re: Retailer praise
From: Andrew McPhee <macca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2005 21:54:52 +1000
At 01:34 PM 11/04/2005 -0500, Barry B. Bean wrote:

>That's why mine came from St. Louis instead of a town much closer. In St.
>Louis (Creve Couer Camera, fwiw), I had an enthusiastic, knowledgeable
>salesman
>who was willing to spend 45 minutes walking me through the pros and cons
>of the EE-1 20D, and D-70.
>
>In Cape (where I didn't buy), they had a salesman who said "yeah, we can
>order one, but I'm on break - wait here and someone else will be by in a
>minute."

I live in a regional Australian town of about 100,000 people where there's
one 'proper' camera store.  I don't often go in since they renovated and
somehow forgot to include a darkroom supplies section in the new floorplan.

But I dropped in a few weeks ago for new batteries for the OM-4 and I
stopped at the DSLR display cabinet hoping to catch a glimpse of an E-1.

I looked and looked again - no E-1 in sight.  No E-300 either.  All the
other major brands were on show but not one Oly.

No darkroom gear and no Oly gear.  Definitely not the shop for me.  I
walked out in disgust.

Andrew McPhee