[OM] Re: Retailer praise

Subject: [OM] Re: Retailer praise
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2005 11:46:15 -0700 (PDT)
> I'm afraid you're going to have to persuade me of the value of
> that modification.  I accept that we need an OM4-like
> multiple spot facility, but there must be a way of getting
> that without using AEL.

On the IS-1,2,3 there is a spot meter button near the thumb. No
matter the meter mode I am always a single button press away
from a spot reading. It does an AEL for that exposure (and then
resets for the next, as it's one shot only).  With the OM-2S I
can wing the meter mode from auto to manual which gives me
"instant" spot metering too. Just flip a lever back and forth.
With the OM-4, I can press the spot button which gives me an
instant spot meter reading.

Instant spot metering is an Olympus tradition. It was a very
rude suprise to discover that this wasn't built into the
functionality of the AEL button as an option. Come on, they give
us six options already, what's a seventh?

Another area where Miatani must be choking about is the
direction of the dials in relationship to the meter scale when
in manual mode. You have to move the dials to the left to move
the scale to the right. I guess I have to think like a pilot
here and "step on the ball".

AG