[OM] FS 90/2, was Retailer praise

Subject: [OM] FS 90/2, was Retailer praise
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2005 21:28:57 -0700
Andrew Fildes wrote:

> <>OM content - they have a 90/2 listed in 8+ condition in the mid-400's.

OK, I give up. I bought this 90/2. And it really is a beautiful piece of
Zuiko metal and glass. And I just don't care for it.

The problem is nothing to do with the lens. It's in great shape and
takes wonderful pics. It's me. I am just not happy with a macro that
only goes to 1:2 without fussing with tubes, adapters, etc. I just like
to shoot too much stuff on one side or the other of 1:2 and am too lazy
to keep putting things on and off from shot to shot.

I think my old way, an 85/2 for 'regular' use and a Kiron 105/2.8 that
goes directly from infinity to 1:1 for macro is right for me. Heck, I
might even prefer to carry aroud the 135/4.5 on a bellows, A bit
awkward, but I can go smoothly across that 1:2 barrier. I've done it before.

I coveted 90/2 for a long time, but now that I have it, it's clear it
will just sit on the shelf, looking good but little used, so it should
have a home where it will be more appreciated..

So, KEH has a "Like New-" for $889 (wow!). B&H has an "8 Well used - may
exhibit "dings" or finish marks" for $429. B.D. just sold a mint-, which
I would call EX+ based on his pictures, for $510.

Anybody want one that looks like B.D.'s, very moderate signs of use,
some dust inside, immaculate glass, for $480 plus actual shipping?

Reply off list, of course. I'll do pics, if wanted.

Moose
<>