[OM] Re: Retailer praise

Subject: [OM] Re: Retailer praise
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2005 10:46:32 -0700 (PDT)
Another list member wrote:
> Please pray for Ken's OM adapter, so he'll stop referring to
> me as "another list member."  I can't take this treatment
> much longer.  Bow your heads silently, take a girl to a
> volcano, play hockey with a skull -- whatever your
> background, whatever voices you listen to, let's all get
> some Kool-Aid make this thing happen for Ken.

I just called Olympus America. My adaptor request was lost in
the "clerical error" shuffle. Must have been a phase of the moon
thing or something. Anyway it's now promised to be sent out
today or tomorrow.

We'll see which arrives first:  The lens-shade, the adaptor or
Y3K.

Oh, I also put my request in for a firmware change that allows
the AEL button to be used to lock in an instant spot meter
reading regardless of meter mode.  Maybe if everybody on this
list were to inundate them with this request, we might see the
feature implemented on the E-7 Mark 2.  Come on, Olympus!  Even
my A1 has this.  It's not like I'm requesting that I can assign
the shutter speed to the rear dial and the aperture to the front
dial in manual mode or something.  Oh, wait, my A1 has that
capability too.

Ok, end of gripe. I'll be a much happier person when the OM
adaptor arrives. Until then you'll have to put up with my pithy
attitude.

AG