[OM] Re: US-only Auctions, was Tamron 35-105/2.8 $185

Subject: [OM] Re: US-only Auctions, was Tamron 35-105/2.8 $185
From: Mark Dapoz <md@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2005 20:58:48 -0400 (EDT)
On Tue, 5 Apr 2005, Andrew Fildes wrote:

> What burns is that this fee is supposed to cover credit card fees and
> the like but still applies if the money is simply transferred into my
> account from another Paypal member's account, an operation which costs
> them nothing.

Set up two accounts, one that accepts credit cards and one that doesn't.
The one that doesn't won't get charged the extra fee.  In fact, this is
generally a good idea anyways.  On a credit card accepting account the
buyer can dispute the charge with the credit card company and PayPal will
do a chargeback from your account/credit card without settling the issue
first.  If you transfer all your funds to the non-credit card account they
can't touch it.  They may charge your card, but then you can dispute it :-)
                                                -mark