[OM] Re: Figuring out depth of field with 4/3 adaptor

Subject: [OM] Re: Figuring out depth of field with 4/3 adaptor
From: hiwayman@xxxxxxx (Walt Wayman)
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2005 14:20:58 +0000
I'm in Winsor's camp on this, which makes me sort of wonder why I got into this
discussion to begin with.  I rarely consult the DOF marks and wouldn't miss
them if they were gone.  Determining what's in focus and what ain't is what
viewfinders and DOF preview buttons are for.  If a camera's viewfinder is not
good enough to allow me to see this clearly, that's not a camera I'll use.

For those who are otherwise inclined and want to figure this stuff out, there's
a free DOF calculator you can download from the Digital Light & Color website.

http://www.dl-c.com/Temp/downloads/download_content.html

There's also free software there to calculate the correct scanning resolution,
which I find more useful.  Then there's another free program that calculates
the time of sunrise, sunset, moonrise and moonset.  Since I have abandoned my
werewolf ways, those times are of little concern to me now, so I seldom use
that one, although I do sometimes start feeling a litte hairy when the moon is
full.

Walt

--
"Anything more than 500 yards from