[OM] Re: thoughts on shooting wedding

Subject: [OM] Re: thoughts on shooting wedding
From: hiwayman@xxxxxxx (Walt Wayman)
Date: Tue, 08 Mar 2005 23:32:48 +0000
You've noticed, too, huh?  At least one other of us is not all that impressed
with what he's seen of digital thus far, and certainly not enough to make the
investment.  That's why he's buying up Mamiya RB67 stuff.  I'm absolutely
amazed at the quality of the gear I'm getting off *Bay at half, or less, the
price KEH and B&H are asking for their used gear.  Seems lots of pros are going
digital and financing it by sacrificing their film gear, and I really don't
blame them, considering the convenience and the fact that most of their clients
probably wouldn't know a real quality photograph if it bit them in the tuckus.

Now there's definitely no digital dollars left in my piggy bank.  I sort of
look at it as investing in protection against throwing money at something the
technological equivalent of a 386 PC.  The time will come, I'm sure, but until
then, I'll stick with what I know is better.

Walt

--
"Anything more than 500 yards from
the car just isn't photogenic." --

From: "Wayne Culberson" <waynecul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

[snip]

> And criticizing anything
> digital is guaranteed to get you in trouble. I wonder if the advancing
> technology of digital in the last 2 or so years has brought about the
> change, or something else, such as a veiled admission that we might have
> been wrong about the advancing technology of film cameras of the 80's and
> 90's as well.

[snip]