[OM] Re: thoughts on shooting wedding

Subject: [OM] Re: thoughts on shooting wedding
From: hiwayman@xxxxxxx (Walt Wayman)
Date: Wed, 09 Mar 2005 17:21:38 +0000
Dan,

I have completely blown the digital budget, and then some, but here's what I
have accumulated during this most recent exercise in excess:

LNIB Mamiya RB67 Pro-S with waistlevel finder and 120 back, $300
50/4.5 Mamiya-Sekor C lens, $177
90/3.8 Mamiya-Sekor C lens, $166
127/3.8 Mamiya-Sekor C lens, $192.50
140/4.5 Mamiya-Sekor Macro C lens, $288.00
180/4.5 Mamiya-Sekor C lens, $172

I haven't added it all up yet.  I don't want to know, since I still have a
couple of snipes pending.  Needless to say, there'll be no fancy digital stuff
here for some time, unless my lottery numbers come up.  On the other hand, I
bet this stuff won't depreciate like a digital whozis either.

So far, everything's been in really great condition, although the 50 and 90 are
still in transit.  The revolving back on the camera body and the 120 back
needed new foam, which I replaced with a reasonable degree of workmanship in
less than an hour last week.  I have a shutter speed tester, and so far all the
shutters have turned out to be surprisingly accurate, with no speeds off more
than about a quarter stop's worth.

Go for it.  It's only money.

Walt

--