[OM] Re: thoughts on shooting wedding

Subject: [OM] Re: thoughts on shooting wedding
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2005 11:01:03 -0800 (PST)
> If you shoot black and white digital, however, you may be
> better off
> printing your own if you have a good printer like the Epson
> 2200 or
> R1800.  If film you should probably send it off to the
> Schnozz. :-)

Thanks for the plug!

For those who think that inkjet B&W prints are "as good", well,
they are getting closer--much closer. But, sorry, a well-done
silver-gelatin fiber print is in a class all itself. I've been
experimenting with digital contact-prints and even those possess
qualities that injet prints can't match.

If you only knew how much it pains me to say "silver-gelatin".
Those from the dark ages of when the list was still young and
OMs still made might remember my rants about the self
appreciating artists referencing their B&W photographs as
silver-gelatin on fiber yada yada yada... Now, it's Giclee.

Now, here I am selling "silver gelatin on fiber" and "Giclee"
prints to my customers.  And my rants against digital
photography fall silent as I autofocus, autoexposure and high
frame rate with everybody else.  Instead of paying attention to
what I'm doing before I press the shutter, I just press the
shutter more often.

Why then, do I have this driving desire to get an M7?

AG

Celebrate Yahoo!'s 10th Birthday!