[OM] Re: OT: Digital recorders

Subject: [OM] Re: OT: Digital recorders
From: Earl Dunbar <edunbar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2005 19:22:26 -0800
Thanks to all who replied.  I still have some research to do, though I
am attracted to the Olympus DS330 (I think), which offers file folders
so you can organize recording.  This is very attractive to me, though of
course it is a more expensive model.

I had forgot about using a PDA.  I have a Sharp Zaurus SL5500, but I
managed to cook it's screen, so it is useless.  But I am thinking of
getting a replacement as I really liked it.  A single function device
such as a digital voice recorder is more efficient in use, I would
think, but if I replace the Zaurus anyway, I would have two devices
(plus camera gear) to carry around, so there's the trade-off.  Once I
make a decision I'll let the list know.

BTW, I purchased a 28/f2.8 from that place from a local seller.  The
photo in the listing was very poor, but I decided to take a chance as I
had a hunch it might be a bargain.  I paid $10.50, no shipping, and it
appears to be in at least VG condition.  I'll play with it this weekend,
I may nominate it for a fang.

Earl