[OM] Re: OT: Digital recorders

Subject: [OM] Re: OT: Digital recorders
From: Andrew McPhee <macca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2005 21:37:48 +1100
I have a PDA, a Palm Tungsten E.  I used the database app to create a file
for taking notes while out photographing.  I've used it on a few shooting
trips and it worked well except for one thing...

I'm scared I'll drop it!  And it would only take one bounce to do fatal
damage and I'd blow $350*.

So I've decided to revert to my old analogue recording system - pencil and
paper is faster, much cheaper, smaller and weighs less in my pocket.

But I do like the idea of using a voice recorder, this could be a good
compromise between paper and PDA systems.  And basic recorders go for about
$60 at Officew*rks.

Andrew McPhee

* not that I drop many things (never dropped a camera or lens) but the
smooth metallic case of the Tungsten E does not provide much grip.