[OM] Re: [Photo] Can I have your opinon?

Subject: [OM] Re: [Photo] Can I have your opinon?
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2005 06:35:00 +0000
Thanks for showing us your photos Johan.
On 6 Feb 2005, at 21:32, Johan Malmstrom wrote:

> OM-Photogs!
>
> I have four photos that I would like hear your opinion on. I can take
> strong critics... I would also like some hints on the technical side,
> what to think about when making the fine print and so on.
>
> Please look and respond! I like them, but then you should kill your
> darlings.
>
> 1
> <http://foto.johanmalmstrom.se/index.php?
> dnode=220&cat=vinter_skog&pict=PX040222-12.jpg>

I rather like this one.  The angler seems to be engrossed in his hobby,
although it would have been nice to have something to make him stand
out more.
> 2
> <http://foto.johanmalmstrom.se/index.php?
> dnode=220&cat=vinter_skog&pict=PX040222-1.jpg>
>
> 3
> <http://foto.johanmalmstrom.se/index.php?
> dnode=220&cat=vinter_skog&pict=PX040222-2.jpg>

These 2 have too much out of focus for my liking Johan.  In addition,
they are both slightly slanted.  I like the feeling of compression in
-1, of dominant slope and trees, but more needs to be in focusl.
> 4
> <http://foto.johanmalmstrom.se/index.php?
> dnode=220&cat=vinter_skog&pict=PX040222-27.jpg>

Lovely!  The subject is not a new one, but the play of light on part of
the tumbling water makes it for me.

I'm sorry I cannot be more help with the processing etc...

Chris