[OM] Re: E1 vs E300

Subject: [OM] Re: E1 vs E300
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 03 Feb 2005 14:05:40 -0800
Barry B. Bean wrote:

>To be honest, the ONLY reason I'm looking at C*non or N*kon is that 5
>megapixel sensor. I don't want to start off a step behind the competition.

Well, you read my lengthy comments on E-1 vs. 300D. Did you notice that
I never mentioned sensor size ? I just don't think the difference in
sensor size between 5 and 6 mp is significant. It was not a significant
reason for my choise of the 300D. Remember, we are talking area, not
linear, dimensions. Take a look at the visual size comparisons here
<http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/olympuse1/>. I'll admit that going from
the 5 of the E-1 to the 8 of a 20D starts to make a difference, but not
one you will much notice in the results.

Don't get hung up on the number of pixels/in need for a particular size
of print either. Upsampling, whether in PS or a print driver, is
amazingly effective. There is lots on this in the last year or so of
archives.

Moose