[OM] Re: What is old is new again

Subject: [OM] Re: What is old is new again
From: Joel Wilcox <jowilcox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2005 12:05:22 -0600
At 08:42 PM 1/29/2005 -0800, you wrote:
>I've had my 4t for a little over a year and have used it mostly in
>manual mode as well.  It wasn't until I forgot my hand held light meter
>on a hike that I discovered the auto mode works quite well in exposures
>slower than 1 second.  Duh, go figure. :)  I'm sure if I just sat down
>with it a bit and read the manual I'd discover some other amazing
>things it can do.  8-)

Richard,
I was completely happy with the OM-2S until I contemplated a trip to the
slot canyons in Arizona.  Everything I had read indicated that I would need
to expect exposures of around 30 seconds with Velvia and a spot meter is de
rigeur.  A 4T made that a very productive trip.  Generally one spot reading
in auto mode and it nailed it.  I had several exposures that went on for a
couple of minutes.  I know that you like to use a polarizer in all types of
light and I discovered the polarizer made a difference even in a slot
canyon.  Made for some very long exposures.  It is an amazing feeling after
several minutes, sometimes wondering if the camera may have locked up, to
hear the shutter close and know that the camera was busy making your
photograph that whole time.

Joel W.