[OM] Re: What is old is new again

Subject: [OM] Re: What is old is new again
From: "Daniel Sepke" <dan@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2005 10:07:20 -0500
Ag,

Its interesting to me that you do this particular arrangement of dials on
your Minolta. It's the same arrangement has the D100 I use at work every
day, I have grown quite used to it there and found the Canon one dial/button
combinations system quite annoying in comparison. The two dial system is
very fast to use with VF feedback of what control is set to what value.

A question for E-1 users, does it allow you to duplicate the two dial
combination? How is it in use from an ergonomics point of view?

TIA, Dan S.

From: olympus-owner@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:olympus-owner@xxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of AG Schnozz
> Maybe you should spend some
> quality time with a DSLR before dismissing them so completely.

Not meaning to start any arguments here.  My particular prosumer is
configured almost identically to any high-end DSLR. The only exception is
that out of preference I've made the front dial the aperture control and the
rear dial the shutter speed/exposure compensation.

<snip>
:)
AG