[OM] Re: What is old is new again

Subject: [OM] Re: What is old is new again
From: Richard Lovison <sylv4700@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2005 20:42:06 -0800 (PST)
--- AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I spent some "quality time" with my cameras this weekend.
> Decided to experiment around with the OM-4 a little.
>
> I *Discovered* the "highlight" and "shadow" buttons. I also
> *found* its ability to show dynamic spot exposure readings in
> auto mode.  I've ONLY had this camera for 3+ years.  Go figure.
> I've almost exclusively used this camera in manual mode.

I've had my 4t for a little over a year and have used it mostly in
manual mode as well.  It wasn't until I forgot my hand held light meter
on a hike that I discovered the auto mode works quite well in exposures
slower than 1 second.  Duh, go figure. :)  I'm sure if I just sat down
with it a bit and read the manual I'd discover some other amazing
things it can do.  8-)

> Just maybe, the OM-4(T/Ti) really is the best SLR ever designed
> from an exposure control perspective.

Just maybe but then again, I have my prejudice.  Besides an OM-1, the
4t is the only other 35mm I own. :)

Richard

http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail