[OM] What is old is new again

Subject: [OM] What is old is new again
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2005 19:41:09 -0800 (PST)
I spent some "quality time" with my cameras this weekend.
Decided to experiment around with the OM-4 a little.

I *Discovered* the "highlight" and "shadow" buttons. I also
*found* its ability to show dynamic spot exposure readings in
auto mode.  I've ONLY had this camera for 3+ years.  Go figure.
I've almost exclusively used this camera in manual mode.

Still no slam dunk over the OM-2S, though.  But it does raise
the likelyhood that I'll get another replacement OM-4(T/Ti) at
some point.

Anybody notice just how "perfect" the controls on the OM bodies
are?  Today's cameras are just glorified point-and-shoots that
don't require anything more of the photographer than the ability
to lamely point the lens in the appropriate direction and push
the button.  Anytime you want to do anything special you have to
defeat the features of the camera.  With cameras like the
OM-4(T/Ti) you have full and complete control over the focus and
exposure and absolutely no defeating is required. Proper
exposure determination on the digitized analog scale and the
ability to control everything by tactile feel are beyond today's
camera designs.

Just maybe, the OM-4(T/Ti) really is the best SLR ever designed
from an exposure control perspective.

AG

http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail