[OM] Re: What is old is new again

Subject: [OM] Re: What is old is new again
From: Joel Wilcox <jowilcox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2005 11:55:35 -0600
At 07:41 PM 1/29/2005 -0800, you wrote:
>Anybody notice just how "perfect" the controls on the OM bodies
>are?  Today's cameras are just glorified point-and-shoots that
>don't require anything more of the photographer than the ability
>to lamely point the lens in the appropriate direction and push
>the button.  Anytime you want to do anything special you have to
>defeat the features of the camera.  With cameras like the
>OM-4(T/Ti) you have full and complete control over the focus and
>exposure and absolutely no defeating is required. Proper
>exposure determination on the digitized analog scale and the
>ability to control everything by tactile feel are beyond today's
>camera designs.
>
>Just maybe, the OM-4(T/Ti) really is the best SLR ever designed
>from an exposure control perspective.
>
>AG

It could just be my mind playing tricks on me, but I tend to find analogous
operations to the OM-4 when shooting the C-8080.  Less so with metering
malarky since I've come to depend on the live histogram, but every time I
press the AE Lock button, I think of putting a spot reading in memory.

Joel W.