[OM] Re: zuikos on canon EOS users, please write me

Subject: [OM] Re: zuikos on canon EOS users, please write me
From: "C.H.Ling" <chling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2005 21:29:54 +0800
As mentioned before, DC image has a lots of room for exposure adjustment and
more on the under exposed side. So I usually set the exposure mode to
aperture piority auto and set the compensation to -1/3 to -2/3 stops so that
I can make sure the room on both sides are enough to handle the possible
exposure error.

Here are two examples for showing the capture range of RAW file with E-1.

This is the original shot, the camera was in manual mode and I forgot to
meter the scene:

Zuiko 75-150mm at F4 1/500s.
http://www.accura.com.hk/PA-Org.jpg

This one is converted with Phase One C1 RAW convertor, exposure +1.65 stops.
http://www.accura.com.hk/PA-Adj.jpg

This one is in "A" mode, exposure compensation in camera was -1 stop, center
weighted metering.

Digital Zuiko 11-22mm at 22mm, F3.5 1/100s.
http://www.accura.com.hk/PB-Org.jpg
Check the histrogram you will see some highlight are clipped.

This one is converted with PhaseOne C1, exposure -0.7 stops.
http://www.accura.com.hk/PB-Adj.jpg
All the highlight details are retained.

C.H.Ling