[OM] Re: zuikos on canon EOS users, please write me

Subject: [OM] Re: zuikos on canon EOS users, please write me
From: Siddiq <iddibhai@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 04 Jan 2005 14:34:35 -0800
On Tue, 4 Jan 2005 21:26:25 +0800, C.H.Ling <chling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> The capture range of all DSLR I have used are better then slide,
> especially
> at RAW mode. I think I was doing ok during the day I shoot flim (and
> mostly
> slides) I don't think I can't live without real time histrogram. My C5050
> also has live histrogram but after playing it for some time I just turn
> it
> off. I never consider missing real time histrogram or immediately
> histrogram
> display after shoot a limitation. As I always say, I think the best way
> is
> to shoot a little under and then adjust it in post processing.
>
> C.H.Ling

could you expand on the "shoot a little under" comment? reading luminous
landscape, the author there suggests erring to the right (but not to the
point of highlight clipping). granted, i'm not familiar with digital
workflow given i still shoot film, but both you and the LL author's images
are, to me, very nice, but different philosophies of erring on + or - side.

--
/S
aim:iddibhai