[OM] Re: Questions about an "M-1" and 35 SPn

Subject: [OM] Re: Questions about an "M-1" and 35 SPn
From: ian <ianrmac@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2004 18:19:36 -0700
Simon Worby wrote:

>> working order....are there such things as service manuals for
>> these cameras?
>
> This is a good place to start:
> http://olympus.dementia.org/Hardware/

Thank you, Simon.  I downloaded the service manuals and
within a few minutes was quite thankful that I fix cars not
camera's for a living.

 >> light meter appears to work ok.
>
> The mercury batteries go on almost for ever if seldom used. Apparently
> they can last decades in suitable storage conditions.

I "thought" the battery was still good as the light meter needle responds
to light and to moving any of the shutter, aperture, or ASA dials.  Imagine
my surprise when I removed the bottom cover and there is no battery.  There
isn't another source of power, is there?

 > See:
> http://www.zuiko.com/7Backfoam.htm
> (The author, John Hermanson, is also on this list.)

Thanks for that link too.

Ian