[OM] Re: Problems (?) with an overhauled OM-4

Subject: [OM] Re: Problems (?) with an overhauled OM-4
From: b k <brtlmj@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2004 14:02:30 -0800 (PST)
Matt Boland <mattb@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> When you get the diamonds and bar graph to shift to the right, grab the
> aperture ring and move it a smidge to open the aperture up a little and
> see if the diamonds jump back. Opposite if the diamonds have shifted to
> the right.

...and the mystery deepens ;-)  I can move the diamonds back, indeed. But to do
so I have to move the aperture ring by exactly 1/3 stop - as much as expected.

When the diamonds start their "dance" I cannot stop them by moving the aperture
ring. They just change position and... keep on dancing ;-)

I noticed an interesting thing, though. When (for a "stable" ASA setting) I
move the aperture ring, I can see the diamonds move, very reliably and without
oscillations. But... not at the same time. Some of them move first, and to make
the others move I have to keep on changing the aperture. It seems that the
internal accuracy of OM-4 is better than 1/3 EV, and those diamonds that move
first are simply closer to the threshold value...

Regards,
Bartek.

http://mail.yahoo.com